Every e-commerce store uses models to present its products to the customers. Displaying apparels or fashion accessories using models, enables your website look more credible and increase sales by allowing customers to envision wearing your product. For displaying high-end and quality images every e-commerce retailer indulges in the process of ecommerce image editing services for their images. And shooting product on models means a more involved post-production process. The technique used specifically to images with models is beauty skin retouching.
Skin is very complex, so does editing or retouching the skin is a complex process too. But one has to keep in mind there is a fine line between enhancing our images and making them look unrealistic. The images got to look all-natural and realistic. During the process, of skin retouching one has to know the more natural the better. If you overdo it, retouching itself would look a distraction and your models would look like some plastic dolls. Authenticity is what allows not only conquer the hearts of customers but also successfully leads to the selling of more products.
There are a few key points that one has to keep in mind while working on images with models.
The First Step is to Remove Blemishes
This may appear to be a little abstract, yet the more you do it, the simpler it will be to see and comprehend what should be eliminated. The whole idea of skin retouching is to let the models look all-natural by understanding what is there all the time or sometimes.
For instance, leave freckles or pigmentations since they are there normally. Eliminate any flaws, wounds, cuts, and so on in light of the fact that they are not normally there constantly. Isolating the impermanent from the perpetual will help. After creation skin retouching moves quicker and looks better.
The more you eliminate the more work you’ll have to do on every image to maintain consistency.
Best Tools to Use:
Healing Brush – is used to remove unwanted blemishes, bumps, bruises, cuts, wrinkles on fabrics, hair, etc.
Dodge & Burn– is used to remove blotchiness in the skin for evenness overall.
The Second Step is to let the Products Appear as the Model Perfectly Fits in it.
The fit should be observed cautiously during photography, but sometimes the model’s movement generates an unflattering fit. Ensure the item fits pleasantly on the model by taking a gander at its actual shape compared to its ideal shape.
The Best Tool to Use:
Liquify Tool– This tool is used to adjust the product and curvature of fit on the model.
The Third Step is Balancing The Skin Tones
Normally skin tones don’t match all throughout the whole human body. Some of the time our face is lighter than our arms, or our hands and legs are darker than our upper body. To make your models put their best selves forward, it is critical to coordinate all aspects of their body to the correct skin tone constantly consistent.
Ensuring their skin tones coordinate generally will help the model put their best self forward best and eliminate potential distractions from the product. This will likewise assist you in setting a standard skin tone for each model and would ensure consistency overall.
Best Tools to Use:
Curves– to adjust the brightness and darkness of the skin selected.
Hue & Saturation– to adjust the color hue of the skin selected.
In short, whatever tool you use in Adobe Photoshop there are some Definite Do’s and Dont’s that one has to keep in mind while skin retouching which is absolutely crucial to fabricate natural images.
- Do explore the life systems of the skin; you don’t need to do this in waves yet a little information on how skin functions can go far in demonstrating what outcome will look the most natural yet presentable while skin retouching in an image.
- To sort out any over-saturation and correct any reds use a hue adjustment layer.
- In order to remove blemishes that you select, utilize the magic of spot healing brush tool. The tool targets the exact areas that you wish to adjust or remove without affecting the rest of the image.
- The key to natural skin retouching is to try making the skin tone look as even as possible to create consistent images.
- One of the small yet significant tip I will share is, open the same image in two windows so that you can ensure that your finished image is of the best quality. So here is what exactly you can do, either open the original image in one window whilst working on the other so that you have a comparison to ensure quality.
What you don’t have to do while Skin Retouching is mentioned below:
- Try not to obscure the skin in a photo. This is a typical abuse of the element and while it will eliminate the brutality of certain blemishes, it will likewise make the skin look absolutely unnatural.
- Do ensure that you keep your highlights natural. When working with the lighting on the skin, you need to ensure that it looks like it has normally fallen on the face, so you don’t wind up with lopsided or unnatural looking patches of light on the subjects face.
- Try not to eliminate any perpetual marks on the skin, for instance, if the subject has a birthmark, this isn’t something that should be taken out as it is a lasting piece of the subject’s skin. In any case, altering out things, for example, rashes or pimples is fine to do.
- ‘Less is more’ goes the famous saying which is absolutely correct too and is precisely applicable to skin retouching. So, don’t go over the top do what is absolutely essential for the best results.
If you follow these simple ideas, your skin retouching will be much easier, if you still need help learning to master the art of skin retouching you can always enlist the help of some beauty retouching services for even more great advice or simply hand over your e-commerce images and leave the rest on perfectionists.
Roll With EIE
For procuring natural, authentic and appealing images outsource your images to EIE. With more than a decade of e-commerce experience we possess the best global talent from around the world and equipped with robust technology to deliver images that speaks for it.
For procuring natural, authentic and appealing images outsource your images to EIE. With more than a decade of e-commerce experience, we possess the best global talent from around the world and are equipped with robust technology to deliver images that speak. Our editors execute top-notch quality and authentic skin retouching services in a way that the image looks spectacular while keeping its natural elements intact.
Over the years we have helped top brands, photographers, and online retailers to elevate their visual content which has resulted in brands prosper and grow to new heights. If you are looking for skin retouching services or other image editing services we offer an array of them. What are you waiting for? Contact us today !